HOME ASSISTED LIVINGTM: Group Adult Foster Care
Assisted Living Program for the Elderly and Disabled
Our Home Assisted Living Program is designed to promote client independence and restore or maintain physical and emotional well-being. The goal of the program is to prevent or postpone long-term placement or alternative living arrangements for qualified persons living in elderly or handicapped housing.
The program provides a comprehensive service plan that includes collaborative nursing, medical social work and personal care assistant (PCA) services in conjunction with other community-based programs as needed. The program (which is the Group Adult Foster Care Program offered through MassHealth) services both North Central and North Quabbin areas of Massachusetts.
One of our registered nurses develops, implements and supervises an individualized care plan and visits every other month to provide the following:
- General health review (vital signs, weight, mental status, etc.)
- Compliance with medications and medical appointments
- Home safety check
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA) supervision
- Educational needs
- Supplemental nursing visits as appropriate
- Referrals to other community based programs
Daily PCA (Personal Care Assistant) visits include:
- Bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting, as well as other individual needs
- Supervision of medications
- Assistance in maintaining a clean and safe living environment
- Assistance with homemaking tasks including laundry, shopping, light housekeeping, meal preparation and assistance with money management
Medical social services are provided to assist with accessing additional community resources including:
- Medical and non-medical transportation
- Long-term planning options
- Month-to-month financial tasks
- Completing new and renewal applications for entitled services
- Supportive counseling to maintain well-being
Our Home Assisted LivingTM Program is a solution that can help clients and their families minimize disruption in their lives while providing the stability and assistance that is crucial to the well-being of the client.
The client benefits from:
- An individualized plan of care overseen by a nurse and medical social worker
- Personalized services within the client's own apartment
- Restoration of physical and emotional well-being
- Promotion and maintenance of independence
The family benefits from:
- A cost-effective care option
- "Peace of mind" and less disruption for the working family members
- Respite, support and education
- Coordination of care with other community-based programs
- Access to counseling and case management
- Individuals over the age of 22, who have a medical condition needing daily assistance or supervision with personal care and home management.
- Qualifying diagnoses may include chronic, debilitating medical or mental health issues.
- Applicants must have Medicaid (MassHealth) or the ability to privately pay for services.
- Applicants must live in an approved site with a current contract with GVNA HealthCare.
Home Assisted Living services are provided to qualified applicants living in an approved elderly/handicapped apartment complex within our service area. Approved complexes include:
- Athol - 01331
Cottage Street Apartments
School Street Residences
- Baldwinville - 01436
- Fitchburg - 01420
Leominster - 01453
Housing Authority Complexes
- Gardner - 01440
Church Street Highrise / Garwest
Graham Street Apartments
Hillside Garden Apartments
- Hubbardston - 01452
Hubbardston Housing Authority
- Orange - 01364
King James Court
Pine Crest Apartments
- Westminster - 01473
- Winchendon - 01475
- MassHealth covers the services provided within the Home Assisted Living Program.
- The participant is responsible for paying his/her rent and other incidentals required to maintain independent living.
Any individual can make a referral to the program.
Monday through Friday
7:30 am to 4:30 pm
How to Contact Us:
Nancy Brooks, LICSW
(978) 632-1230 or (800) 382-7305, ext. 22332 (Voice Mail is confidential)
Click here to email Nancy Brooks
For more information about GVNA HealthCare and our services, please contact us, or for more immediate assistance, call 978-632-1230