- Be part of an interdisciplinary team of care providers for terminally ill patients and their families; respite, errands, light household cleaning or meals, grief support, as well as professional roles (complementary therapies, counseling, etc.). Comprehensive training offered one time a year.
For Hospice Volunteer Opportunities Contact:
Dawn Lielasus, Hospice Volunteer Coordinator
(978) 632-1230, Ext. 340 or (800) 382-7305
Click here for our hospice volunteer application.
Administrative / Office:
- General Assistance. . . for creating admission packets, special mailings, filing, copying. Gardner office location, 4-6 hours / month.
- Reception and hospitality. . . greeting, assisting with locating staff or information. Community Services Center in Fitchburg. 1 - 3 times/week, 2 hours each.
- Special Events & Fundraisers. . . participate as able, in hands-on set-up and take down, mailings, phone calls, distribution of materials for special events in the community. Check with GVNA HealthCare for "one-time" opportunities.
- Special Projects. . . case-by-case, unique situations within any active program area; will negotiate with program leaders for volunteer position related to a particular skill or interest. Call GVNA HealthCare with interests and time availability.
For Administrative/Office Opportunities Contact:
(978) 632-1230, Ext. 380 or (800) 382-7305
Click here for our administrative volunteer application.
Adult Day Health Care:
- Hospitality, receiving. . . arrival of clients at program sites, help clients disembark from transportation service, and get into daily activities. Adult Day Health Care Centers are located in Gardner, Fitchburg, Athol and Greenfield. 1 - 5 times/week, 8:30 am - 9:30 am.
- Activities Assistant. . . help staff with games, stories, reading, music and crafts for Adult Day Health Care clients. Assist clients with participation and interaction at the Gardner, Fitchburg or Athol site mornings and afternoons. 10:00 am - 12:00 noon or 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm.
- Kitchen Assistant. . . general kitchen support, including loading the dishwasher and clean up. Food is served daily in the morning, mid-day and in the afternoon at all 3 sites.
- Meal Assistant. . . help staff aides prepare, serve and clean up after snacks and meals served to the Adult Day Health clients. Volunteers needed at all four sites. 1 - 5 times/week, 8:30 am - 9:30 am, 11:30 am - 1:00 pm or 2:00 pm - 3:00pm.
- Special Events Volunteer. . . present a program of interest for Adult Day Health clients. Would welcome several types of programs (i.e. storytelling, music, travel log). Monday - Friday in the early afternoon from 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm. One-time, monthly or bi-monthly.
For Adult Day Health Care Opportunities Contact:
Murielle Conway (Gardner)
(978) 632-1230, Ext. 369 or (800) 382-7305
Click here for our Gardner adult day health volunteer application.
Ann Marie D'Olimpio (Fitchburg)
Click here for our Fitchburg adult day health volunteer application.
Carol Cormier (North Quabbin)
Click here for our North Quabbin Center adult day health volunteer application.
Kathie Curnick (Greenfield)
Click here for our Greenfield adult day health volunteer application.
Community Services Center:
- Food Pantry Volunteer. . . provide assistance with running the in-house Food Pantry at the Community Services Center in Fitchburg. Includes once a month pick-up of food in Shrewsbury, unloading, stocking shelves and pre-filling bags of groceries, as well as assisting with the operation of the pantry during open hours when bags are filled for drop-in clients. Hours are flexible, by arrangement with Center staff.
- Cold Weather Volunteers. . . provide assistance to staff and clients at the Community Services Center as they work to keep those who are homeless off the streets and safe during extreme cold weather. Involves hospitality, food prep and service, clean up and clothing distribution.
For Community Services Center Opportunities Contact:
(978) 632-1230, Ext. 129 or (800) 382-7305
Click here for our community services center volunteer application.
For more information about GVNA HealthCare and our services, please contact us, or for more immediate assistance, call 978-632-1230